The following words express our prayer and mission in Pastoral Care at Ave Maria:
“Speak tenderly to them. Let there be kindness in your face, in your eyes, in your smile, in the warmth of your greeting. Always have a cheerful smile. Don’t only give your care, but give your heart as well.” – Blessed Mother Teresa
We believe that healing encompasses both medical and spiritual aspects. Our chaplain is on staff for counsel and prayer with our residents. In addition, daily chapel services are offered.
Ave Maria Chapel Services Schedule:
- Daily Communion with Sacred Scripture and Homily @ 11 a.m., Monday – Friday
- Benediction & Exposition @ 10:30 a.m., 1st Friday of each month
- Praying the Rosary @ 10:30 a.m., 1st & 3rd Monday of each month
- Sunday Mass @ 11 a.m.
- Divine Mercy @ 3 p.m., Wednesday
- Protestant Service @ 10 a.m., Sunday
- Vesper Service – schedule varies; lease call the front desk at 386-3211 for times.
- Scripture and music with Rev. Jerry Muncy, Pastor, Decatur Trinity Christian Church, @ 4 p.m. on Sunday. Schedule varies; please call the front desk at 386-3211 for times.
For more information about the Pastoral Care office and Ave Maria’s chapel services, please contact Deacon Jack Chitwood, Director of Pastoral Care at 901.606.3615.